4. Guppy Treat Token Release
What is Guppy Treat token?
Guppy Treat Token (GTT) is what powers Guppy Paradise, and is a utility token that gamifies users’ experience. GTT allows for holders to make choices in regards to how they interact with our ecosystem. Some of these choices will make Guppies ineligible to earn GTT, but will reward their holders with special items like Guppy Generals. Through other games and partnerships the possibilities of what can be gained by owning just one guppy are endless. Providing an experience that allows users to have choices on how to use their GTT allows for a large and diverse community to develop over time.
NOTE: GTT is not an in-game currency for any Phat Loot Studio game title.
GTT will be deployed on Polygon and will use a hybrid of decentralized and centralized technology that will allow for users to maintain their Guppy Gang NFT on Ethereum Mainnet while being able to earn and claim GTT on Polygon.
We’ve had multiple economists working on creating balanced Tokenomics for this Token. We’re implementing multiple token sinks that integrate deflationary mechanics into GTT.
Every 7 days each Guppy Gang NFT will be able to claim 8 GTT, assuming that the Guppy has not triggered a disqualification for the weekly claiming period.
During each week your Guppy Gang NFT will either earn all its tokens, or be disqualified from earning any tokens.
These events will disqualify a Guppy from earning tokens:
- Breeding a Guppy Gang NFT to produce a Guppy General.
- Listing a Guppy Gang NFT for sale on a marketplace.
- Moving a Guppy Gang NFT to another wallet.
- More to be announced in the future (Guppy Doodle, Giveaways, Whitelist Access, etc)
The list of events that will disqualify a Guppy from earning GTT will be continuously growing as the studio evolves. This will force users to strategize how they will use their tokens. This adds layers of complexity over time when deciding where, when, and how many GTT should be spent or retained for future upcoming opportunities.
Unlike other projects that have fixed and defined emission rates for their utility tokens, the GTT contract has been designed to allow our economists to make changes in the future should the need arise.
- Days per treat payout
- Treats paid per payout
- Events that trigger disqualification
- Producing Generals: Players will be able to breed Phat Loot NFT collections together using GTT to create Guppy Generals. Guppy Generals are one of the assets used within the Paradise Wars P2E auto-battler.
- Voice and Emote Packs for Generals: Players will also be able to add personality to their Guppy Generals using GTT.
- Game Board Skins: Players will be able to stylize their Game Board using GTT.
- Booster Packs of Cards: Players will be able to purchase Booster Packs using GTT. Cards will be used to play monsters on the Game Board which will battle in PvP style combat.
Card Backs: Players will be able to stylize the back of their Cards using GTT.
- Guppy Art: Every Guppy Gang NFT will be able to create their own Guppy Art, an Ai generated artwork that will require GTT.
- Cyber Guppy Expansion Versions: This is an evolving collection that begins with a very basic pixel art (2D) version, but will allow owners to produce other versions (with mechanics that will be introduced later) using GTT.
- NFT Auctions: Items from the Guppy Paradise Treasury will occasionally be auctioned off for GTT.
- Whitelist Opportunities: GTT will be used to purchase whitelist spots for alpha, and collaborative projects.
- Buying Tickets for Access to events/areas: As we launch promotional events, GTT may be required to participate. These events could be within the metaverse or in person.
- Guppy Bakery: This is a surprise for much later down the road.
Players will be able to purchase Guppy Merch using GTT.
- 3D Printed Models of their Guppies
- Physical prints or paintings
- Physical Versions of Cards: People will have the option to burn their virtual trading cards in exchange for IRL versions. This will be done by using GTT.
What is the value of GTT?
1 GTT = 1 GTT
How many GTT will each Guppy generate?
Every 7 days each Guppy Gang NFT will be able to claim 8 GTT.
Why did I not receive any GTT?
During each week your Guppy Gang NFT will either earn all its tokens or be disqualified from earning any tokens.
Will the team create a liquidity pool for or seek exchange listings for GTT?
No, the team can not create a liquidity pool for the token or seek to obtain listings on exchanges directly. There are regulatory considerations and also marketplace requirements that could be violated which would be detrimental to the project if broken. Falling under regulatory scrutiny or being delisted from prominent marketplaces would harm the project while in its infancy. NOTE: Our position on these topics could be subject to change in the future as regulations and marketplace terms evolve.
When will I be able to claim?
You will be able to claim your first GTT allocation on Monday the 28th of February and we will release the claim page this Friday.